It is rare to find a child who does not like chicken nuggets. They are a childhood staple, but so many of the pre-made varieties are laden with chemicals and ingredients that cannot be pronounced. If you are searching for a healthier alternative, try the cracker chicken nugget recipe below. It can made using your favorite brand of crackers (think organic!) and the taste beats anything you would find at the grocery store. It’s mom-tested and picky-eater approved!
Cracker Chicken Nuggets
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 15-20 minutes
1 sleeve of crackers, crushed
1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon honey
1 lb. Chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (F).
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl mix together crushed crackers, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, parsley, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In another medium-size bowl, beat together the eggs and honey until well blended.
- Dip the pieces of chicken into the egg and honey mixture. Remove and dip in cracker mixture.
- Place the cracker coated chicken pieces on the baking sheets. Repeat until all pieces of chicken have been coated.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on the size of the pieces.
Tastes Great With
- Carrot sticks and hummus
- Rice with fresh cilantro and lemon juice