Don’t stay cooped up – get outdoors!
Get the ultimate winter bucket list for families and a free printable to hang on your fridge.
This article contains affiliate links to things that you might like.
The cold weather is coming and with that comes trying to find things to do that will keep the kids busy.
After all, the warm and lazy days of summer are over, and they are being replaced with cold blustery conditions that make most want to stay inside. (*raising hand high!*)
However, this doesn’t mean that your kids should stop having fun.
Creating the ultimate winter bucket list for kids is an amazing way to keep everyone busy and entertained over the winter.
Winter Bucket List Ideas
Each new season brings with it the chance for your kids to enjoy themselves.
In fact, winter can be one of the most wonderful times of the year, if you take advantage of all it has to offer.
Creating a winter bucket list for your kids is a great way to keep them busy and provide them with an amazing winter season.
Whether you want to homeschool in the snow or just have some family fun, these activities are totally cool (see what I did there…cool…winter…ha!).
The Ultimate Winter Bucket List for Kids
- Go caroling
- Make snow angels
- Shovel your neighbor’s driveway
- Go tree shopping with your family
- Make ornaments out of salt dough
- Send Christmas cards and gifts to soldiers overseas
- Go sledding
- Go skiing
- Build a snowman
- Have a snowball fight
- Go ice skating
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter or soup kitchen
- Decorate your home both inside and out
- Go on a sleigh ride
- Have a bonfire with your family
- Watch a winter/holiday movie marathon
- Make your own hot chocolate
- Read your favorite holiday stories
- Have a coloring contest with your friends
- Go snowboarding
- Tour the neighborhood to look at the lights
- Make a blanket and pillow fort in your living room
- Make frozen bubbles
- Use food coloring to make pictures in the snow
- Catch snowflakes on your tongue
- Hand out candy canes at the children’s hospital
- Make a puzzle
- Go bowling as a family
- Create your own holiday countdown
- What a story about the holidays
- Make snowflakes out of paper
- Drink hot apple cider
- Host your own family holiday karaoke
- Decorate a gingerbread house
- Start a scrapbook
- Make your own ugly Christmas sweater
- Watch the snow fall outside your window
- Build an igloo outside
- Have a living room picnic
- Take a walk in the snow
- Watch a hockey game
- Try a new hobby
- Bake something delicious with your family
- Have a bubble bath
- Attend a holiday parade
- Make an obstacle course out of snow
- Create a list of new year’s resolutions
- Visit a winter festival
- Go camping in your living room
- Put on a family play
BONUS: 51. Play Charades!
Chasing Away Boredom with a Winter Bucket List for Kids
The winter months may be cold and blustery but that doesn’t mean that your kids should be bored.
Keep your little ones busy this winter with the ultimate winter bucket list for kids.
In fact, you can even get creative and add some of your own wonderful ideas to the list.