Valentine’s Day will be here before you know it! This simple and quick kids’ craft is all about color and creativity.
Whether your child chooses to create a heart with patterns or does a heart with complementary colors (as we did), there is no wrong way to decorate it.
With only a few inexpensive materials needed, this is a craft that can get done in under a half-hour. Have fun!
Button Heart Hanging
Ages: 4+ (Warning: Supervision by a responsible adult required for thiscraft*.* Buttons are a choking hazard! If your child is prone to putting things in his mouth, donotdo this craft. )
Time: 20-30 minutes
- Heavy paper plate
- Tacky Glue
- Glitter (optional)
- On the back of the paper plate, draw a large heart outline.
- Glue buttons inside the heart outline.
- After the glue dries and the buttons are secure, cut a length of ribbon and staple it to the top of the plate as a hanger.
- (Optional) Write the year and your child’s name (or “Love”) on the rim of the paper plate in glue and sprinkle glitter over it.
- Let the glue dry completely and hang your adorable Valentine’s Day decoration on the door, a wall, or over the fireplace.
If you make a heart hanging, post a picture in the comments below or tag us on Instagram @MamaTeaches! We’d love to see your work!