Today’s candy cane craft is great for improving fine motor skills and ties in with patterning lessons in the classroom. Enjoy!
Beaded Candy Canes
BEADED CANDY CANE ORNAMENTS
Ages: 4+ (with adult supervision)
Time: 10 minutes
- White pipe cleaner
- Red and white beads
- Hold the pipe cleaner about 2/3rds of the way from one end. Using the longest end, make a loop around your finger and then twist the pipe cleaner together at the base of the loop to form a circle.
- Bend the ends of the pipe cleaner into the shape of a candy cane.
- Slide the beads onto the pipe cleaner, alternating the red and white to make a candy cane pattern.
- When you get close to the end of the pipe cleaner, run a thin line of glue around the pipe cleaner where the last bead will be placed. Slide the bead on over the glue.
- If there is any pipe cleaner left showing, either trim it off or fold the sharp edge down, tucking it into the last bead.
- After the glue has tried and the end beads are secure, hang the candy cane ornament on the tree.
Did you make a Beaded Candy Cane? Share your beautiful ornament with us by posting a picture on our Facebook page! Merry Christmas!