The Grinch has always been one of our favorite Christmas movies. Maybe it’s because we can all relate to having grumpy, grouchy days when our hearts feel a bit too small. Or maybe it’s because we can identify with the optimism and courage that the Whos down in Who-ville have for a holiday filled with more – more love, more family, more acceptance. Whatever the reason, The Grinch is a part of our Christmas movie marathon tradition. This year we’re adding a bit of Grinch Christmas Slime to the mix though!
How to Make Christmas Slime
This article contains affiliate links.
Christmas Slime Ingredients:
- 1 airtight container – we like using these plastic Mason jars
- 1 5 oz bottle of Elmer’s Clear Glue
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp contact solution
- Green food coloring
- Green Glitter (LOTS!)
- Red Heart Charm
- Small bowl
DIY Christmas Slime Instructions:
- Pour the entire 5oz of glue into a mixing bowl.
- Add in ½ cup of water.
- Add a drop of green food coloring and stir.
- Add in ½ tsp baking soda and stir.
- Mix in LOTS of glitter. Don’t be stingy!
- Add 1 tbsp contact solution. It will instantly begin to form into slime.
- It will be very STICKY, but don’t panic! Mix the solution in the bowl until it starts to come together a bit more.
- Knead the slime until it is no longer sticky.
- Add your heart.
- Store in an airtight container.
Looking for more Grinch-inspired fun? Try these!
- The Grinchby Dr. Seuss
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas Movie
- Grinch Advent Calendar
- Who-ville Town Square Playset
- Who-ville Mega Bloks Playset
Want more slime? Try these!