This article contains affiliate links to things that you might like.
Developing fine motor skills is an important part of preschool learning.
Not only will their fine motor skills play an important part in their ability to write, they’ll also make things like tying their shoes and using utensils much easier.
The activities below are perfect for developing those fine motor skills and giving your child the abilities he needs to succeed.
Fine Motor Skill Activities for Kids
- Make Toilet Roll People with this fun craft and fine motor skills activity! via Mama Teaches
- Use recyclables to build those fine motor skills with these fun ideas. via Teach-Me-Mommy
- Hammer and smash some cereal! via Everyday Chaos and Calm
- Use clothespins to build fine motor skills and practice math! via KC Edventures
- Make a Catch a Spider Travel Game using an old mint tin! via Party Through the USA
- Go under the sea with this fine motor skills jellyfish activity for preschool! via Buggy and Buddy
- Transfer water for fine motor skills practice. via Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds
- Paint on foil for some Van Gogh-inspired artwork. via Messy Little Monster
- Have a flower fiesta with this cute idea! via Mosswood Connections
- Try this adorable Duck in a Truck inspired activity to build fine motor skills. via JDaniel4sMom
Fine Motor Activities for Preschool
- Try some yarn and letter matching! via Teach-Me-Mommy
- Make colorful waterfalls using paint. via Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds
- Use Eric Carle’s Mixed Up Chameleon as inspiration for this fine motor skill activity. via Buddy and Buggy
- Thread pasta and cereal for fine motor skill practice. via Messy Little Monster
- Make a paper plate octopus! via JDaniel 4’s Mom
- Have some hands-on fun with a lemon sensory bin – just be sure no one has cuts on their hands! via Days with Grey
- Let babies get in on the fine motor skills practice fun with this cute cotton swab activity. via Happily Ever Mom
- Match socks and numbers using clothespins! via Rainy Day Mum
- Watch Beauty and the Beast and then try this fun rose craft. via More than a Homeschool Mom
- We love The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle and this threading activity is perfect for building fine motor skills. via Here Come the Girls
Activities for Fine Motor Skill Development
- Use some felt and a button to make a fine motor snake! via Apple Green Cottage
- Create a fluttering butterfly. via Fireflies and Mudpies
- Wrap up a rainbow! via School Time Snippets
- Have a duck race! via Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Clip the alphabet with these colorful beginning sounds clip cards. via Fun Learning for Kids
- Get your hands dirty and play with clay! via Happy and Blessed Home
- Make a quick and easy cereal bird feeder. via Red Ted Art
- Practice fine motor and cutting skills at one time using this project! via Powerful Mothering
- Practice cutting with the help of some adorable farm animals. via 123 Homeschool 4 Me
- Make felt garland that needs to be buttoned! via Mosswood Connections
What are some of your favorite fine motor activities?
Share them with us below!